Thursday, July 24, 2008

Simple Woman's daybook





FOR TODAY July 24, 2008



Outside My Window... it is very dark outside with the wind blowing because it is late at night and I should be asleep!


I am thinking... of my son graduating from Safety Town tomorrow, having learned all about how to stay safe at school


I am thankful for...the firefighters, police officers, EMTs, bus drivers and others that took the time out of their lives to teach a bunch of incoming kindergartners how to be safe in different situations and so grateful my child has an opportunity to attend this camp


From the kitchen...comes the aroma of a ham cooking in the crockpot and the rolls that went with it for dinner


I am wearing...my most soft old tee shirt with a pair of pajama pants that are flannel even though it is the dead of summer


I am creating...a quilt for wintertime that's all flannel and snowmen and plaid homespun that I can't wait to cuddle up under this fall!


I am going...to go get into my big bathtub even though it's past 11:00 o'clock at night because I feel the need for bubbles


I am reading...about six books at a time, but the one I'm into the deepest at the moment is The Mitford Bedside Companion... even though I've read all the Mitford books at least 5 times each


I am hoping...for a cooler, rainy day tomorrow, although realistically I am hoping for a quiet non-busy weekend to sit around and watch movies and avoid going outside in the heat


I am hearing...the sound of my husband's laughter from the other room, along with the sound of my son's CD player from his room through the baby monitor


Around the house...is a lot of laundry that needs to be washed, about 5 quilts in various stages of completion and shoes shoes everywhere, they multiply when I'm not looking'


One of my favorite things...is having dinner at home with my boys all home, not spending the night at someone's house, and then watching a movie all together in the living room, like a Harry Potter movie


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: include getting some work done for extra money, finishing up one of the quilts, making some of the pajamas that I have already cut out for my youngest son and some baking, maybe zucchini muffins!


Here is picture thought I am sharing...





My son Kevin enjoying the lake and a very large bag of doritos

3 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hey, Kelli! I enjoyed your daybook post.

And I got a little package in the mail today! I'm so excited, and I love, lOvE, LOVE the bags! Mine is just the right size to carry my crocheting with me and Emmy's is adorable! She's already talking to E-mo (Elmo) and her bag is perfect for her. She loves purses and bags already and carries them around the house. Her bag is just right for books and little toys to keep her occupied during preaching at church.

And THANK YOU so much for including a copy of your family cookbook! I've already thumbed through it and I saw several recipes I want to try.

THANK YOU so much for your kindness and generosity, Kelli. I'll take pictures of the bags and do a post on them soon, and I'll include links to your shop site. If you want me to include a link to this blog I'd be happy to invite my readers here to visit and comment, but if you'd rather keep this site quiet and low key I understand and I won't link to this one. Just let me know your preferences.

Thanks again and hope you have a great Friday and weekend. Try to stay cool! ;o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Hi Kelli,

I clicked over here from Diane's blog. I'm an Arkansas girl but I live in Colorado now! I grew up close to where Diane lives now.

The bags you sent her are so cute. I'm going to bookmark your blog and come back to visit!

Meredith

BigDadGib said...

I loved the list and the picture...

well..

nothing is better than a boat, a big bag of chips and a great big smile... :)

Gib