Saturday, July 5, 2008

My first post

I've been wanting to start a blog for a long time now because it seems that I have a ton of things to say and my husband is tired of hearing them:)

First about me: I'm a 41 year old stay-at-home mom of 4 boys whose youngest is going to be starting kindergarten this fall. I've been a stay-at-home mom for 12, nearly 13 years, and I only had 2 sons when I started! As the boys were born, it seemed more practical for me to stay at home since my DH was traveling in his job a lot and when the 2 older were in daycare, they were sick a lot and when you work at a job that you haven't been in very long and have to take days off to stay home with sick kids, it doesn't make you a very popular employee.

I'm a crafty person, I like to quilt, sew, embroider, cross stitch, take photographs and just generally make a mess with either fabric, thread or glue of some kind. I've made about a million pairs of pajamas for my sons, at least 30 quilts (mostly crib quilts or lap quilts), enough cross stitch stuff to wallpaper my house with them and about 9,344,244 photographs, most of which are on the laptop I'm typing this from... and the last 5,000,000 have been since last July when I got my new Canon rebel XTI camera. It's the best thing since, well, since I don't know what, for taking great pictures, especially from far away.

But I digress again. I live in a town of 50,000 more or less, in a mid-South state with my husband and four sons who are from 14 to 5 years in age. We have a great house with a big backyard and a great not-very-smart dog named Daisy and we spend a ton of time camping in our travel trailer, playing and watching the boys play baseball, play their guitars, band concerts, and trying to get in a trip to Disney world every year. I spend my time in the car, you guessed it, doing some kind of sewing and refereeing fights between the boys!

That's all for now, I'm going to post some of my quilt photos because this blog is going to be about our trips camping as well as my quilting and my tote bags that I make.

No comments: