Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!

hhm

It's Happy Homemaker Monday again at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom, so I thought I would join in since it's been a few weeks!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cloudy, cloudy, and cooler, only about 62 or so. No rain forecast really but apparently someone forgot to tell that to the clouds!

One of my simple pleasures:
Driving home from my class which is about 15 minutes away, not having to hurry, just driving along admiring the leaves.

On my bedside table:
Kleenex, cough drops, and about 658,000 books

On my TV:
The Amazing Race from last night.

On the Menu for Tonight:
ummmm....Chicken? I haven't really planned that out yet!

On my To Do List:
Sweep front porch
Thanksgiving decorations out of garage and put up
figuring out what to have for dinner

New Recipe I tried last week:
None because I have been sick with a sinus infection for over 10 days, then I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, so I've been coughing up my lungs for nearly 2 weeks now. It just took too much energy to just BE, much less to cook something imaginative!

In the craft basket:
Making some cool pumpkins that I found on Sunshine in my Soul
Approximately 17 quilts to finish
Machine embroidered tee shirts for my nieces/nephews (SHHHH)

Looking forward to:
Doing some yard work tomorrow...handbell practice tonight

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I made my own fabric softener this past weekend, and it turned out wonderfully! It's cheap and it works well which is good since we do a ton of laundry!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I just found this blog and I'm looking forward to checking out her great crafts!


Favorite photo from last week:



My 6 year old, Tyler, clowing around at Wally World. He was out of school all last week sick and then his brothers and dad went to the deer woods this weekend so it was just me and him.








Lesson learned the past few days:
Life moves fast and sometimes you just have to take time out to smell the roses and enjoy what you're seeing outside your window. (yeah, I know, kinda sounds like Ferris Bueller, right??)

On my Prayer List:
My boys and husband, and extended family
Friends who are in India as missionaries


That's it for today, have a great day and may the Lord bless you and keep you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

658,000 books! Is that all? ;)

I love reading too, sometimes I can't get out of bed for the piles of books on the floor!

I hope you feel better soon.

Jess said...

i hope you had happy holidays!

lots of love, jess

Anonymous said...

First of all, thank you.
Thank you for investing in parents by blogging about your experiences on KELLI'S CRAZY LIFE, and sharing your faith openly.

Please know how incredible this is. And be encouraged to keep going.

I hope and pray that even more Christian parents (as well as non-Christian parents looking for answers) will find your blog and will be inspired by your experiences, solutions and struggles.

We recognize that these are incredible times to live in, where technology allows parents around the world to encourage each other. As for ourselves, we use technology to reach out to children globally.

We’re developing the world’s first videogame that takes kids through the Bible from beginning to end. Our hope is to increase the love for God’s Word amongst kids.

We dream to see fathers and sons going through the Bible together, having fun as they become part of David’s army, spend time in the fish as Jonah, and play level after level, leading up to Jesus’ death and resurrection.

Our prayer is that after kids finish the game, they will have an awe of God, and a deep love of the Bible; eager to read it for themselves. We believe that kids can read the Bible, no matter their age (as long as the translation fits their reading level, of course :D ).

In order to steward this immense project well, we’re building relationships with parents like you. We like to ask your input by allowing you to look behind the scenes, have your kids play demo game levels before they go public, etc. You may also recommend a few people you think would be of interest.

Additionally, we can provide you with plenty of interesting “blog-food” (concept art, images, etc) if you feel that this could benefit your subscribers.

If you’d like more information, shoot me a quick reply to the email address below.

Ruben
Reply to: connect (at) tornadotwins (dot) com