Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday!

I'm BACKKKKKKK!!

It's been way too long since I posted on here, but lots of things going on. I will just start back by borrowing the Happy Homemaker Monday meme from Sandra to get me started again, hopefully more interesting blogging tomorrow!


Happy Homemaker Monday!


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Hot today, it's been up to 90 already but it was rainy and humid this morning.

One of my simple pleasures:
Sitting under the back overhang by the deck with the fan blowing "hurricane" strength!

On my bedside table:
Harry Potter books, trying to read at least 1 again before the movie on Wednesday but probably won't get it done!

On my TV:
Great American Roadtrip on my DVR from last night and again tonight

On the menu for tonight:
stir fry shrimp.... unless we go out to eat Chinese! My 2nd son is violently allergic to shellfish and he's spending the night at a friend, so shrimp is definitely on the menu!


On my To Do List:
WOW so much! Packing for our trip on Thursday, ironing to get done, sewing to finish, camper to pack...

New Recipe I tried last week:
Sourdough bread from the starter I bought from King Arthur Flour and it was completely divine!

In the craft basket:
Several quilts that I am handpiecing on our trip and some embroidery quilt blocks


Looking forward to:
Getting to Washington DC, on Saturday, and wanting to have a good time in Gatlinburg on Friday at the crafts fair

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Ummmmmm I can't think of anything!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Pioneer Woman's blogpost about her weekend with friends.

Lesson learned the past few days:
Summer goes fast... if you blink you might miss it!


On my Prayer List:
My family, both sons and husband and extended

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Luke 12:48...From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Glad to see you back :) I enjoyed your list.